Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Ode to my Car....and the damn Check Engine light.

When my Father In Law(FIL) kicked it back in '04, God rest his soul, I 'inherited' his Smoking hot 99 Toyota Corolla. (And by smoking, I mean like real smoke, coming out of the tail pipe!) Actually it’s not too bad of a car. I have put ATLEAST 50,000 mile on it, and only :
1 set of brakes. (Maybe 2)
1 engine gasket of some sort.
1 or 2 sets of tires.
countless quarts of yummy oil

I say that I ‘inherited’ the car, because it’s really not ours. My MIL insists that although she hasn’t driven since the late 70’s when she was burning up the roads back in the day in Queens (NY) that she is totally going to start driving ‘her car’ just as soon as the state of Georgia comes to their minds and takes the curves and hills out of all the roads down here. I figure that this might take some time, therefore I have been driving ‘her’car in the meantime….just to keep the engine was rusting… ya’ know.

So, the little ugly white Corolla, or as I affectionately call her, Gertie the Ghost has been taking me to 100 miles round trip everyday to work and school. Never missing a beat. She’s warm in the winter, and cool in the summer. But suddenly,,,SUDDENLY (like last year!) I start to see this!!! and no matter HOW MANY TIMES I RESET the little monster, SHE ALWAYS COMES BACK ON!!!!! Ungrateful Car.

No comments: