Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I ain't a mornin person, fer sure..

So when I was on my way to work this morning, some idiot pulled out in front of me.......again! This will make the 4th near collision that I have nearly had in the past 24 hours. I was meaning to come in and rant and rave about it in this post, but here is it after lunch. And, I have my full daily requirement of caffeine in my body, and now I am calm.

I believe that people drive really bad at the holidays. They drive bad because they are suddenly in a rush. Why I don't know... Heck Christmas has been oming on the same day for the past 2004 years, it ain't like it suddenly snuck up on everybody! I also believe that some of the worst drivers in the entire world reside in Atlanta. I'd like to give a shout out particularly to all the soccer moms located along the 400 corridor.

Whenever I get on 400, I just automatically gun it. I gun it because I know that if I don't then I will be ran over by some old lady in a Hummer doing 90, trying to get Junior to his soccer game on time. She's late to the game because, she had to pick up Daddy's dry cleaning, scream at the nanny, go have her nails done, go to the gym for yoga, then all top of all that she had to have lunch with the girls!! Man, life is SO CHAOTIC when you're rich!

BTW- the speed limit on 400 is 80. That's the minimum speed limit, the maximum limit is determined by however fast you can get your car to go, or the a-hole in front of you driving slow as molasses in the left hand lane.

As a note of interest, my male co-worker who spends 8 full hours a day with his nose up the bosses butt (somebody get me a cross bar please!), is now sporting his Diamonelle earring in his left ear FULL TIME. Soooo attractive with those army issue eyeglasses and that pompadour hairdo, buddy. I bet all the welfare moms want you now!

No comments: